Did you receive a ConvertKit receipt with a different amount than you expected?
This is likely because your plan was upgraded sometime last month - congratulations!
When we upgrade accounts in the middle of the month, the amount you have already paid for the month and the amount you owe for the month are prorated (charged only for the days you used).
Here's an example:
- On March 1, you paid $29 for the month of March.
- On March 20, you are upgraded to the next tier, the $49/mo plan.
- We refund the 10 days of the $29 plan you didn't use--($9.66). This is your Unused Time.
- We charge you for the 10 days on the upgraded plan--$16.33. This is your Remaining Time.
- We take the sum of the credit and the charge--$6.67--and add it to your next bill.
- So on April 1, you are charged $55.67.
We would follow the same process if you downgraded your account. Let's say you've cleaned out some cold subscribers, and you are now under 1000 subscribers. First, you need to email us to request a downgrade. Then, using the same example:
- On May 1, you paid $49 for the month of May.
- On May 20, you are downgraded to the lower tier, the $29/mo plan.
- We refund the 10 days of the $49 plan you didn't use--($16.33). This is your Unused Time.
- We charge you for the 10 days on the downgraded plan--$9.66. This is your Remaining Time.
- We take the sum of the credit and the charge--($6.67)--and credit it to your next bill.
- So on June 1, you are charged $22.33.
If you still have questions about your receipt, please email us at s[email protected].