UPDATE: We recently released a new feature called Purchases! All the fun of Tags, with more relevant revenue data right inside ConvertKit! Find out how that works.
Tags are one of ConvertKit's most powerful features. (The other is Visual Automations.)
When you're running an online store, Tags are also a huge time saver. This is especially handy when you're running a sales Sequence. It gives you the ability to filter who is a customer, and who is a potential buyer.
Cool things you can do with Tags:
- Exclude buyers from a sales Sequence
- Follow up with buyers and ask for feedback
- Add them to a post-sale Sequence that gives them extra tips on how to use your products
- Offer an upsell to your buyers
How To Tag Your Customers
How you do this depends completely on the eCommerce platform you're using.
Here are some of the most common ones:
- Thinkific - products needs to be tagged
- Teachable - shows up under your automations
- Shopify - shows up under your automations
- WooCommerce - products needs to be tagged
Check out their individual Knowledge Base articles to figure out how to connect them to your ConvertKit account.
One Thing To Remember
You always want to create an automation rule, when utilizing this feature. This will ensure that, when a customer purchases from you, an action is taken. (For example, they're placed into a Sequence, they receive a Tag, or they're removed from a Sequence.)
Each Subscriber being added to a Sequence, Tag, or Segment, will save you loads of time, while moving them through your flow effortlessly!