ConvertKit is for creators and business owners.
We’re committed to helping our customers earn a living. In order to protect our platform, overall deliverability, and help ensure the success of our creators, there are certain industries, niches, and types of content that we do not allow at ConvertKit.
The Approval Process
Most new accounts are required to go through our approval process to ensure optimum deliverability and prevent abusive behavior.
By creating an account with ConvertKit you agree to go through this process.
During your account review, we reserve the right to deny your account.
We reserve the right to close an account at any time, including but not limited to inappropriate use.
The following is considered "inappropriate use" of a ConvertKit account:
- Content that in any way exploits minors under 18 years of age
- Viruses, worms, phishing, malware, or any other potentially harmful software
- Purchased Subscriber lists.
- Disguised self-identity, website, or industry.
- Products, services, or content associated with forex, trading or binary options.
- Online pharmacies or the sale of prescription medicine
- Adult content that is non-educational or non-artistic in nature.
- Make-money-online or get rich quick schemes.
- Gambling or betting related sites (legal or not).
- CPA affiliate type sites or similar affiliate type of sites, network marketing sites, affiliate educational offers, insurance sales or promotions.
- Content that may incite violence, illegal activity, or contain hate speech.
- Misrepresenting or impersonating another individual, business, or association with an individual or business.
- Content or actions that violate the CAN-SPAM Act.
- Poor performance due to your list collection methods or low quality content.
- Any content that is reported to us as unsolicited or may be perceived as spam.
- Including PayPal links directly within emails requesting payment.
Important: If you are found in violation of the above terms, your account may be closed immediately and without prior notice. A refund will not be provided. Export of any account data or details will be at ConvertKit’s discretion.
In addition to the strictly prohibited categories above, there are industries and niches that we are not the best fit for, or may allow some versions of but not others. We will evaluate on an account-by-account basis. These include, but are not limited to:
- Affiliate Marketing: We do not restrict the use of affiliate links in emails as long as they are properly marked and used responsibly. However, we do not allow content that is 100% affiliate based, including selling other tools, software, ‘business in a box’, etc.
- Financial or Educational offers: We allow educational information around most subjects. However, we do not allow content including offers for educational grants or scholarships, refinance or mortgage offers and insurance.
- Trading and Crypto or Bitcoin: Again, we allow educational information on the topics of trading, financial markets, bitcoin, etc. However, we do not allow content that sells or gives (through purchase or lottery) monetary or similar funds, or content that promises wealth or get-rich-quick type offers.
- CBD, Marijuana, or Supplement Marketing: We allow educational content and marketing materials surrounding supplements, and allow the same regarding Marijuana, provided it is legal in the account owner’s and Subscriber’s jurisdictions. However, we do not allow such content where it is deemed illegal nor do we allow misleading or potentially harmful information, or ‘magic in a bottle’ types of promises or offers.
- Weapons: We allow content regarding weapons but strictly prohibit anything detailing how to manufacture a weapon, or any content regarding or soliciting the sale of any type of weapon.
- Multi-level Marketing: We allow the promotion and education of multi-level marketing products. However, we do not allow pyramid schemes, soliciting new members, or misrepresenting the product or program in any way.
In addition to the above, we continually monitor accounts to ensure best practices are being followed. We review bounce, spam complaint, and unsubscribe rates to ensure accounts are operating within our terms. Elevated bounce, complaint or unsubscribe rates may result in manual review, suspension, or termination of the account. Any account closed for such a reason will not be entitled to a refund or export of any data or details including Subscriber lists.
ConvertKit is a permission-based email marketing platform. We require that all Subscribers have given direct permission to receive marketing emails from the sender, or have purchased an item from the sender within the past 12 months and consented to receive emails at the time of purchase. Customers are required to have proof of permission for each Subscriber on their list. For Subscribers collected through ConvertKit Forms or Landing Pages, a double opt-in may serve as proof of permission.
If you encounter a ConvertKit hosted Landing Page that violates any of the above, please use this form to report it. If you receive an email sent through ConvertKit that violates any of the above, please forward it to abuse [at] convertkit [dot] com. We investigate every report, but are unable to reply to all submissions.
Each of us from product specialists to engineers to directors do our best each day to support our customers. We are committed to being helpful and kind and treating each customer with respect, and we expect the same in return. We do not tolerate any abusive, threatening, or demeaning behavior or communication directed at any member of our team, as such conduct is grounds for termination of the account.
Termination of Account
If your account is canceled for any of the above reasons, including prohibited content, low performance, poor collection methods, or any other compliance reason, you will not be eligible for a refund and you will not be allowed to open a new account.