What are unconfirmed subscribers?
Our users tend to notice their unconfirmed subscribers when they first switch to ConvertKit, because most other email providers don't show you this information. While the numbers can seem high, keep in mind that it's not always that they didn't get the Confirmation email, but some people just don't click it or don't want to.
We don't have measures to confirm the 'Unconfirmed' Subscribers for a few reasons:
- If confirmation emails aren’t delivering the first time, sending them again won’t really make that problem go away.
- By manually resending a confirmation link, you are effectively mailing your subscriber - and have defeated the purpose of a double opt-in (in other words, there’s no evidence that the person who received it the first time didn’t just simply ignore it and doesn’t want to hear from you again).
- If somebody really wants to have the chance to opt in again, they can sign up on a form and the confirmation email will fire again.
There are a couple ways to improve the number of Unconfirmed Subscribers, however!
- Your form redirect page (or 'Thank You' page) can have very specific instructions about how to Confirm, and why they should confirm their interest in your list.
- You can turn on "auto-confirm new members" on your forms, so that anyone who signs up is added to your list, regardless of whether they click "Confirm" or not. This creates a single opt-in process.