Reconnecting the Leadpages Standard Builder
UPDATE: Leadpages recently released an API connection to their Standard Builder! Follow these instructions to reconnect!
The Standard Builder
Here's a video walkthrough of how to connect ConvertKit using the LeadPages Standard Page Builder:
Step by Step:
- Create a new landing page, and select the 'Standard Builder" option.
- Click the button on your landing page to open the LeadBox attached to this page. A Form Settings menu should appear on the left hand side.
- Set the integration to "HTML/Other."
- Paste the full HTML into the HTML embed box.
- Find the following code: <!-- Form starts here --> <form id="ck_subscribe_form" action="https://app.convertkit.com/landing_pages/12345/subscribe" data-remote="true">
- Append ".html" to the end of your action URL so it looks like "https://app.convertkit.com/landing_pages/12345/subscribe.html"
- Click "Customize Form."
- Deselect the input box called "Captcha 2H"--this is a security measure only and should not be displayed on a form.
- Once you've made your changes, hit save and publish the page.
Using a LeadBox
Creating a standalone LeadBox is the same process as the Standard Page Builder. Follow the instructions above to set it up properly.
The Leadbox you create within the Drag & Drop Builder is not the same as a standalone Leadbox. When you’re creating a Drag & Drop page, you create a Leadbox to go with it. But this isn’t a real Leadbox, you can’t use it outside of that Leadpage.
Do I need to connect with my API key on my account page?
The ConvertKit direct integration is currently only in the Drag & Drop Builder, not the Standard Builder.
You will not set up anything on your Accounts page, like you would with other integrations. It will either be within the Drag & Drop Builder or using the HTML code of our forms.
Where should I put my thank you page?
For the Standard Builder, you need to adjust the form code as described above, and you need to set up your Thank You Page in your ConvertKit Form Settings, NOT in your Leadpages Settings. Make sure to delete your Leadpages Thank You page if it is still set up in Leadpages Settings.
For the Drag & Drop Builder, you will add your thank you page in the Leadpage settings, NOT in ConvertKit.
Do I need a form in ConvertKit if I created a page/box in Leadpages?
Yes. You will want to create a new ConvertKit Form for EVERY Leadpage and Leadbox you create. You do not have to do anything to the design of these forms, but you do have to create a ConvertKit form that acts as the backend for your Leadpage or LeadBox. It is with this form that you will edit any ConvertKit Settings, like connecting to a Sequence or an Automation.
Do I need to reconnect all my Standard Builder pages and Leadboxes following this new process?
Even if your Leadpages and Leadboxes are currently successfully collecting subscribers, we strongly recommend you re-connect these pages following the new process. That includes re-copying and re-pasting the code. We would also recommend you consider switching your pages to the Drag & Drop Builder, which connects via our API and allows for very simple selection of your forms from a dropdown list.
I did this and it's still not working.
1. Did you re-copy and re-paste your code from ConvertKit into Leadpages?
2. Did you add ".html" to the form action URL?
3. Did you remove your Thank You Page from Leadpages page settings? It should look like this:
If you are confident you have done all of this and form is not working properly, please send a message to email@example.com with the live link so we can test it for you!